Our history

On May 7h, 1879, religious sisters of the Institute of Franciscan Missionary Sisters of the Immaculate Conception settled in the Parish House to found a Catholic school in the small agricultural town of Sant Cugat. The seven sisters arrived in response to the request of the priest of the parish of San Pedro, who had insisted on the establishment of a Catholic school in the city. The first classrooms of the new school were the cloister of the monastery and the surroundings of the parish house.

In a few years when religious congregations were once again allowed (especially those dedicated to teaching), a congregation dedicated to the promotion of girls in rural areas appeared with strength, based in La Garriga. This congregation, present already in 1879 in Barcelona, ​​Badalona, ​​Pueblo Nuevo and Hospitalet and in full and rapid expansion, was required by Pau Tarradellas to create a new private school. His first school premises were the exterior spaces of the cloister. The School of the Franciscans was founded. The oldest nowadays of the schools of the municipality.

At the beginning of the 20th century, the Santa Isabel School was moved to a building on the Carretera de Rubí.

In 1918, Mrs. Maria Ribatallada gave a large lot to the Institute of Franciscan Missionaries of the Immaculate Conception to make a school. The leased land - the land that currently occupies the school - was a field that bounded on the north side with the Can Mora stream and on the southeast it opened onto the South Ensanche neighborhood. The area has the largest set of cataloged houses of historical and architectural interest in the city and Santa Isabel school is included.